How you can help
FIND OUT MORE about the issue — and what is being done to STOP abuse
- Read our Vision Paper to understand more about the issue and our approach.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get up to date news.
RAISE AWARENESS and involve others
- Share this issue and the information on our website with your friends, church, or community.
- Join in via social media — tweet your STOP message and re–post stories. Too much silence surrounds child abuse linked to witchcraft beliefs. Add your voice to those speaking out for change.
PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT
- Pray for children affected by witchcraft accusations — sign up (below) for quarterly prayer updates from SCWA.
- Give to fund practical action. You can donate via our PayPal account.
All members of the SCWA Steering Committee either serve voluntarily or are funded by their organisations to participate in this initiative. SCWA does not pay any salaries. All funds raised by SCWA will be used to develop toolkits and resources, and to initiate local forums for action.
Our current funding needs: We are currently supporting projects in DR Congo and Togo where church leaders and theologians are researching child witchcraft accusations and effective responses.
"To accuse children of witchcraft is to destroy their future. [scwa] has provided a framework to really think about this issue and has compelled us to fight more effectively against this devastating phenomenon" Pastor Timothee kandolo, DRC